Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Here Goes Nothin'!!!

Here I am!!!  I think I might be officially off my rocker in beginning this blog.  BUT, I figured that I can't be alone in my quest to make quality meals for my family but not stress about it every single night with the "OH MY GOSH...it's 6:00, we're all starving, and I have not a clue as to what I should make for dinner" debacle and then running to the store to pick up the two items that aren't in the cupboard or the fridge to make the last minute recipe, just to serve dinner after 7:00 that night. 

SO, what's my story?  I've been doing weekly menus for about two years.  I sit down on Friday or Saturday night (yes, that is my life...sad but true) and come up with the menu, the grocery list, and make my best effort to get everything ready for the week.  Since I do this weekly anyways, I figured why the heck not share that with whoever in the world wants to see it.  If I can make someone else's week easier by sharing what I already do, my efforts are not in vain. 

When coming up with this idea, my thoughts immediately went to all my working mom friends who have the same drama I do in life: get up, ship the kiddos off somewhere else, work the tail off all day, just to come home to take up the "night shift."  Don't get me wrong - I love my life!  But sometimes, things like dinner or grocery shopping just seem overwhelming.  Then my thoughts ventured on to my stay at home mom friends or homeschooling mom friends.  Their struggles are just as intense and real as mine...just different.  My weekly process could help them too! 

SO, this is truly for all those moms out there in hopes to make your life a little easier.  OR maybe just give you an idea to spruce up your weekly routine with some new ideas.  I would love hear from anyone that visits - any and all suggestions are welcome!  We'll just have to wait and see where thing leads! Hope you enjoy the journey!

2 comments:

  1. Love this Dani!!! I will look into this often!! I would love pictures of your meals sometimes!!! Just a thought....maybe your shopping list too!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete